- What is the Invisalign treatment Process?
- How do I get started with Invisalign at BIDC?
- Can I go to any dentist to be treated with Invisalign?
- Will Invisalign effectively move my teeth?
- How old is Invisalign braces technology?
- How many patients are being treated with Invisalign?
- Is Invisalign treatment cleared by the FDA?
- Do Invisalign braces contain Bisphenol-A (BPA)?
- What is Invisalign Teen?
- What is Invisalign Express?
- Initial checkup and consult : During the first visit at BIDC, issues and expecations you have with your teeth are discussed with your dentist. Your orthodontist then decides if your case is suited for Invisalign treatment. X-rays and study models may also be done for orthodontic diagnoses at this point. If Invisalign treatment is suitable, a treatment plan is drawn up, impressions and pictures of your teeth is taken.
- Digitalize and confirm treatment plan : The impressions of your teeth will then be digitized and your Invisalign dentist plans your tooth movements throughout the entire Invisalign treatment timeline via using 3D imaging. A virtual representation of your teeth before, during, and after completion of the Invisalign treatment process is then confirmed with you before the Invisalign aligners are confirmed to be manufactured.
- Invisalign aligners are made and delivered : The customized Invisalign aligners are created for wear at each stage of treatment. A full set of treatment typically ranges from 20-30 aligners per arch.
- Invisalign aligners are worn and checked periodontically : On the delivery of the Invisalign aligners, your Invisalign dentist will advise to have the Invisalign braces worn at all times, except when eating, drinking, cleaning teeth. This is so as to ensure that your treatment is completed in the pre-determined timeline. Occasional checkups with your Invisalign dentist are done to monitor your progress and to receive your next set of Invisalign trays.
- End Invisalign treatment : With teeth are straightened based on the Invisalign treatment plan, the last set of Invisalign trays act as retainers.
It’s simple. Do simply make an appointment for a FREE checkup and consultation with oiur dentist by emailing BIDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 02 692 4433. You are also able to walk-in to our dental clinics at anyone of our locations and enquire on having Invisalign treatment done.
Before opting for Invisalign, it is good practice to check that your orthodontist is a Invisalign-trained dentist . Invisalign dentists have certifications by Align Technologies thus please feel free to enquire with your orthodontist on their Invisalign qualifcations. There are a large number of orthodontists in Thailand, but they may not be Invisalign trained.
Your Invisalign orthodontist will first need to determine if you are indeed suited for Invisalign treatment as Invisalign braces might not be suited for all cases.
Special training is required in ensuring that the Invisalign treatment is proper carried out. All Invisalign certified dentists attends and complete specialized instructional sessions to become Invisalign providers. Over 50,000 doctors worldwide are already certified to treat patients using Invisalign including selected orthodontists in BIDC’s orthodontic team.
With traditional braces, brackets and arch wires are used to move teeth. With Invisalign braces, teeth is moved through the appropriate placement of controlled force on teeth. The main difference is that Invisalign not only controls forces, but also the timing of the force application. During each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move. These movements are determined by your Invisalign doctors that is mapped out based on a patient’s unique Invisalign treatment plan. Patient compliance and discipline in wearing the Invisalign braces is required for successful results.
Align Technology Inc., the company that mades Invisalign braces was established in 1997. The concept of using of a series of tooth positioners to produce movements teeth as applied in orthodontic treatments however has been envisioned since 1945 by Dr. H.D. Kesling.
Using today’s advanced computer technology and software programming, Align Technology has produced Invisalign braces or Invisalign aligners that are worn sequentially by the patients to move teeth positionings in both upper and lower arches.
More than one million patients around the world has had Invisalign treatment. The number of Invisalign treatments grows daily. All genuine Invisalign trays in Thailand are sent off to the Align Technology dental laboratories.
Invisalign treatment aligners are classified as Class II medical devices by the FDA, and Align Technology, Inc.has held the necessary 510K clearance from the FDA since 1998.
Invisalign braces do not contain Bisphenol-A or phthalate plasticizers. The Invisalign aligners and retainers are made from medical grade, high molecular weight, polyurethane resins. Clinical tests have been conducted to determine the biocompatibility of these materials. Studies do show that invisalign braces are biocompatible and pass all applicable regulatory requirements for wear in the mouth.